Saturday, April 11, 2009

Freaky Friday


Spring... One of my favorite times of the year. Everything from azaleas to Bradford Pear trees begin to bloom. Allergies run wild and tornadoes seem inevitable here in the South. I have never been one to the scared by the weather, but when you have children of your own; weather is a whole different animal.

Good Friday was yesterday and school was out and I had a sitter, Faith, lined up for Cason. They had plans to eat at Red Robin and go over to the Monaco to see Monsters vs. Aliens. While in the movies, a severe weather treat was imminent and the Monaco had an Emergency Plan in action. Hats off to them for having everything in place!!They moved everyone to the center of the Monaco to make sure they were in the safest part of the complex. Whew.. that was relief, but that feeling (do you know that feeling I am talking about?) the one that makes your stomach do somersaults worrying about your child when they are not with you... I was just sick. The only good thing was the movie had started late and the Monaco gave everyone a FREE movie pass for the next movie they go see.

I must say one reason we love Faith, the sitter, she kept me up-to-date on everything that was happening where they were and didn't completely freak-out (almost but didn't officially)!!

After everything Faith and Cason had been through they drove home and rode around the block (3 miles around Brown Road in Punkin Center, USA) on bikes and was chillin' out by the time I got home.

Kuddos to you Ms. Faith Plunkett.

2 comments:

  1. the weather is the one thing I DO NOT miss about Bama! So glad everyone was safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what "feeling" you are talking about when you are away from your child. It never goes away...even when they are grown. So thankful that the weather wasn't at it's worst. That's one thing I will have to get used too when we move. Scary weather!

    L
    B

    ReplyDelete