Thursday, April 30, 2009

Look Through My Window



My favorite window in my house is looking out my little dining room out onto the porch being able to see all the pecan trees. Yes, pecan trees can be somewhat of a pain with all the stain they leave on your siding and brick, but with a Clorox and a pressure washer it comes right off.

The pecan trees are about 60 years old and the neat thing about them is that my grandparents planted them when they were first married.

Usually every other year we are abundantly blessed with pounds and pounds of pecans. This past fall we gave away over 50 gallons of pecans. I hope to have enough "spare time" (when that will be I will never know) one day to pick, shell and sell the nuts at the local farmers' market.

For those of you wondering.... the kitten's name is Greys. He's the newest member of Cason's minizoo.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful view and great shot with the kitty in there! Next year you just send some of those pecans my way!!!!

    ReplyDelete