Thursday, June 25, 2009

Remembering Michael...

I am still in absolute shock...

CNN headlines read "Michael Jackson 'King of Pop' Dead".

Can you believe it?

I used to LOVE Michael Jackson. When I was in the 3rd grade Thriller was released and along with it came "Thriller - The Video". We moved that summer and had one of those big huge satellites in our backyard and could pick up MTV!!

I know you are thinking "Big Deal Lucille", but back in the day.... it was a BIG deal.
My sister, stepbrother and I would watch it over and over. My stepdad has always been a HUGE music fan so 104.3 (our local pop/rock channel) was on ALL the time. We listened all the time and when Michael would come on we would sing.

Okay, let me just say, when all the weirdness started from him, I stopped listening, but give credit where credit it due.... The man was a musical/dance genius. Weird as all get-out but a genius in his own right!

So paying tribute to Michael Jackson, I loaded my ipod of some of my favorites:

  • ABC - Love me some Jackson 5
  • I'll Be There

  • Thriller (FYI..I used to be scared to death of this girl at school that wore a Thriller t-shirt like 3 times a week! Honestly, to this day she puts chills up the back of my neck when I run in to her YIKES!!)

  • Billie Jean
  • We are the world
  • Beat It
  • Black or While
  • Smooth Criminal
  • Man in the Mirror
What are some of your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment